Steven G. Price's story

Family fun | Health | Finances | Relationships | Disability | Parenting | Special needs | Tour
Custom Search

My mother Millie died one our after I was born from a cerebral hemorrhage, due to a ruptured aneurysm because of increased blood pressure during childbirth. She was undiagnosed but had ADPKD - Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease - and aneurysms are one of the symptoms.

My father and grandmother Monica raised me until the age of 2 1/2, when my father remarried. My grandmother then went back to her home in Newington (about 25 miles away). I gave her my Raggedy Andy doll to keep her company. For the rest of her life, my grandmother kept that Raggedy Andy doll resting and sitting upright against her bed pillow.

I grew up in the small rural community of Winsted.

My father, G Gordon Price, was a banker and active in the community. He volunteered as Treasurer on the Gilbert High School Board and on the Economic Development Board for the town. He was also a member of Kiwanis.

As a youth I practiced magic. As a teenager, my hobby was building electronic devices and speaker systems.

I graduated from University of Hartford's Ward Technical College with a certificate in electronics and from Central Connecticut State University with a bachelor degree in political science and computer science. I also attended Hartwick College, Hartford State Technical College, and the University of Connecticut.

I married a "little French girl" (as my father referred to her) and we now have two delightful daughters - Martha and Monica - both with red hair (my ex-wife, who is also a red-head, got her wish). She told me when we got married that I was not to "mess with her genes." We were married for 29 years.

Steven G PriceOne year, I went to the Renaissance Faire, held for the second year at the Lion's Club Hebron Fair grounds in Connecticut, where I dressed as the Deep Fat Friar . I went with our oldest daughter Monica. She was dressed as a wizard. I toted the Book of Armaments and the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch and chanted the ancient Die Iesu domine, dona eis requiem

I worked for almost two decades in the electronics and computer support fields. After an outsourcing of technical support at Pfizer, I went back to school and studied occupational therapy at Manchester Community College.

I was a licensed COTA (certified occupational therapy assistant) in Connecticut for several years, until retirement in 2013. I had a particular interest in assistive technology, stemming from my prior careers in electronics and computer support.

Now, I spend my time learning to play bass guitar, garden (both indoor and outdoor) and continue to work on the website and develop assistive technology and adapted devices for my daughter Monica.

I currently live with my daughter Monica in Uncasville.

SiteMap | About | Contact us | Articles wanted